A rapidly growing start-up consumer electronics company in the Greater Manchester area are currently on the lookout for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Mechanical Design Engineer responsibilities:
– You will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions for new and existing products.
– You will have excellent experience in 3D design, strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, solid communication skills, a desire to tackle complex problems and a genuine passion for technology.
– We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and willing to take ownership. We’re also looking for someone with a hands-on approach and a desire to learn adapt quickly.
Mechanical Design Engineer skills & experience:
You don’t need to have every single one of these skills, but the more you have, the more likely it is you’ll be able to do a great job.
– Passion for products
– Strong experience in mechanical design for consumer electronics products
– Strong experience in design for high volume plastic injection moulding
– 3D CAD and modelling
– Rapid prototyping using various additive and subtractive methods
– Excellent experience in Solidworks
– Experience with electromechanical assemblies
– Experience DFM and DFA
– Experience in designing and implementing simple solutions to tricky problems
– Sound analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
– Experience with the agile methodology
– Proficient oral and written communication skills
– Passion for technology and innovation
Skills & experience that would be a bonus:
• Metal machining and/or casting
• Leadership and mentoring skills
Interview Process: We start with a 60-minute remote video interview with a mixture of verbal, written and practical elements followed by a second stage.
What to expect:
– Competitive salary
– Flexible working
– Develop your skill set and research / adopt the latest design patterns, methodologies, principles and technologies
– Have a positive influence over high level architectural decisions